Tuesday 16 September 2014

Spaces: The Ideal Home


I spend a lot of time thinking about my ideal home. Polished parquet floors, smooth white walls, large framed windows and tall ceilings beckon to me. I picture trailing green plants and geometric cacti sat in little terracotta pots on shelves and above the fireplace (wood burning stove, a necessity). There's a big queen-sized bed pushed up against one of the bedroom windows covered in creased cotton sheets. Fragrant fresh flowers sit in glass vials on Scandinavian-design kitchen and coffee tables. Back issues of Kinfolk and Cereal sit on oak shelves, complemented by framed postcards and analogue cameras. My own photographs, retro film posters, unique gig posters and a vast collection of maps are framed on the walls of every room. It's lived in, but not cluttered. Minimal, but from a maximalist's point of view. Tasteful, yet filled with personal touches.

Stay tuned for a series of posts further investigating my interior musings.

Photos from Whistles and My Scandinavian Home

-Emma









1 comment: